WEST PALM BEACH MARRIAGE COUNSELOR
Tina Montalvo, LMFT
Address: 2001 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd., Suite 502P, West Palm Beach, FL 33409
Phone: (561) 686-2010
ABOUT TINA MONTALVO, LMFT
People seek therapy for many different reasons. Maybe you:
- are having difficulty with your partner. You have the same arguments, and they go nowhere; or a distance has grown and you don’t know how to bridge it;
- are remarried; maybe you have children from a previous marriage, or maybe your new spouse does, or maybe you both do, and you are finding life as a stepfamily unexpectedly difficult, despite your best intentions;
- are tired of feeling not good enough, no matter how hard you try;
- are just not yourself these days, and feel very blue, rundown, and irritable, or anxious and jumpy;
- have had a crisis in your life or relationship, and need to find ways to manage it;
- have experienced a loss—through death, a break-up, or even the end of a dream or an important idea. Many times we experience loss but don’t think of it as such, and cannot understand the strange and strong feelings we’re having;
- are having a tough time with your kids;
- just need to talk, and know that you will be listened to in an understanding, non-judgmental way.
Because each person is unique, it’s important to me to listen carefully, to understand what you are experiencing, and to decide together what direction to take. The road may be clear from the start, or it may need to emerge. Everyone’s road is different. But the process will be at your own pace, in a respectful and caring environment.
I bring many years of experience to my practice: I have worked as a therapist since 1992, and have been in private practice since 1996. Also, because of my background, as well as my work with people from all walks of life, I have a unique awareness and appreciation of cultural differences, and offer therapy in Spanish as well as English.
My credentials include:
B.A., English, Duke University, 1979;
M.S. Ed., Marriage and Family Therapy, University of Miami, 1992;
Outpatient Therapist, Parent-Child Center, Inc., 1992-1996;
Licensed in Florida as a Marriage and Family Therapist, 1996; LMFT
Clinical Member, American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy;
Past President, Palm Beach Association for Marriage and Family Therapy.
For more information about me and my practice, please call me at (561) 686-2010 or view my website at http://tinamontalvotherapy.com
MAP TO MY WEST PALM BEACH OFFICE: